How do we fight sugar addiction?

Anastasiia

There are so many sugar-free products trending on the market nowadays, however the sugar/sweets consumption still does not decrease and even increases each year in some countries (e.g. Switzerland).
Why do consumer still buy conventional sweets?
How do we fight sugar addiction?

Actually this is a serious issue, the issue can  solve only by  educating parents, especially mothers,  UK imposed sugar tax to collect  extra fund for find expense to treat  health conditions caused by  excess sugar intake. Govt face   huge amount of money for public health expenses for  diabetic related  treatments. Sugar tax like policy helps to understand why consumers pay extra money for eating  extra sugar.  But many countries not impose sugar tax though their population  facing   health issues due to high sugar intake. This is a serious issue

Taxation on sugary drinks is an effective intervention to reduce sugar consumption . Evidence shows that a tax on sugary drinks that rises prices by 20% can lead to a reduction in consumption of around 20%, thus preventing obesity and diabetics

Having a sweet tooth , even I am a sugar addict i can say. But we need to have knowledge on what kind of sugars we are preferring in our product to be. I would personally stick on to jaggery, honey and also natural sweeteners like stevia.

Another point comes into the frame is the amount of sugar that your consuming. This plays a major role, so i would suggest people to go for sugar substitutes or decrease the amount of sugar intake than regular.

And we need to educate ourselves on these issues as we know the quote ' Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food' and let's stick on to this .